we are going to float away (update)

gapeachy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Rome Ga
I know the weatherman says we are still in a drought but we are soaking down here.....and we live on a mountain....we need some sunshine the chickens need some sunshine

when I went into town the creeks were flooded over the roads and yards.....across the street there are ducks swimming and there is not even a pond there.....weather man says 6 inches by tommorow...WE ARE GOING TO FLOAT AWAY!

Last edited:
Yes, all we ever hear on the news about GA (and Atlanta) is how your lakes and water supplies are drying up.

Here's to a happy medum.

I am with you. This is getting ridiculous and the almanac says it will be like this through Feb! I know we need the rain but all day and all night every day? It is hurting my business as well since it is warm on top of it all.

Hanging in there with you from North east ga, Michelle

It is a mess. I scraped and shoveled all the mud out of my run yesterday. I put down some ashes to dry it up afterwords. The run looked great for a few hours. I know doing all that work was kind of pointless but I got satisfaction out of it. My animals seemed to be happy about it as well. The weather is crazy warm as well. I worked in shorts and no shirt all day yesterday.

lol ....I hope you are a guy....that cracked me up...while reading I was thinking you are female untill the " I worked in shorts and no shirt"

frow.gif
Hi from NE Al. I know how ya feel, I live on a mountain also and my poor babies have nothing but mud and water to walk in, I gotta watch my steps as I am slip slidding when I go out there. They have a dry coop to get in but they stay out and play in the rain
idunno.gif

Anyway I love the warmer weather but I would much rather the sunshine come back and stay awhile!

Happy medium? What's that? Seems like it's drought or flood around here.....my yard squishes, my chicken run splashes, and my horse pasture is mud and poop soup. Oh well, at least the grass I seeded last fall in the new pasture is getting plenty of rain!

It's just plain out bog city here too and it's still drizzling.
sickbyc.gif

I too understand we need the rain but my goodness, I wish it would at least give us a break in between rainy days! It's not only messy but it's depressing!

I guess we are getting the same weather here in east Tenn. you all are having there is flash flood warnings out for here today. I want some snow or sun just something different

Back
Top Bottom