We bit the Store Bought Eggs bug

Wow. Very helpful and honest replies you got! I'm impressed.

Yes do keep us updated. There is a huge organic store just down the street from my father's house.. saw some "organic fertile eggs".. was tempted to take a carton cuz those eggs were huge! Now feeling I SHOULD have! LOL

Good luck, this is fun.
smile.png

im sure its not the first time they have had a call like that,someone else on BYC just set some eggs from the exact same place the other day

I'm impressed you didn't have to speak to a customer service rep from a foreign country with a terribly heavy accent...lol.

I'm further impressed you got answers to your questions.

And last but not least I am really looking forward to this experiment.

Julie
big_smile.png

You inspired us
smile.png

I wouldn't have started this thread only I thought the information supplied by the company added sufficient extra interest to make it worthwhile.

Well that was nice of you-I have a habit of starting thread that are not very worth while at all
smile.png
Interested to see what happens with your eggs!

I hope your incubation experiment works well.

I was frying eggs this evening for the kids and I. I had picked them up at a dairy that sells unprocessed milk and they had eggs for sale as well. The chickens were running around the yard and looked to be enjoying themselves. Anyhow, as I broke each of the eggs into the skillet and saw the bulls eye, I thought to myself, "what a waste of a perfectly good fertile egg. That could be a little easter egger, or barred rock, and here I am fixing it for dinner."
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I've sucessfully hatched a handful of eggs (out of a few doz) in a homemade incubator, so please pardon my ignorance. Having said that, I was under the impression that eggs couldn't be incubated after being refrigerated?!? I picked up a few LG incubators (before Roo went MIA this winter) and have been anxious to test one of them. Lots of people in my area have chickens and fertile eggs, but every time I ask someone if they have eggs available, they head for the ice box. Every time...I say "oh, sorry, I'm looking for unchilled eggs".
th.gif
Have I seriously been passing up perfectly good hatching eggs???
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom