We bought her as an Amerucana, but....

certifiedchef

Songster
9 Years
Jun 27, 2010
Carmichael
61694_sdc11708.jpg

the one in the middle is an?.....the one on the left is a barbed rock? and the Red is a RIR, correct?

61694_sdc11709.jpg

this is Mable - too sweet - is she an EE or Amerucana

EE.. Pretty girl though!!
smile.png
Oh, and it's a Barred Rock, not barbed.
wink.png
the red one is either a hatchery RIR, or a production red of some kind.
smile.png

Last edited:
We had the same thing happen - didn't know it til I posted her pic on BYC as an Ameracauna. Boy was I corrected quickly, though politely. Yours looks a bit like my Violet though she is more brown. Sweetest hen though - likes to jump on our shoulders and hang out. My daughter calls her the pirate chicken!
58060_violet_aug_2010.jpg

Quote:
Too cool!
smile.png
I love EEs!! Someday, when I have more room, I will have an all EE flock too...just don't have room for another coop now....
hmm.png

sadly an EE?? are there problems with EE's? Yes all the chickens came from local feed stores here in Sacramento. We arent looking for show birds, just fun happy backyard hens to provide entertainment, eggs and pest control. Still so much to learn about chicks

Quote:
I think he meant "sadly" just because you bought her as something else. EEs are awesome!! It's just that you never know what you're going to get with egg color.
smile.png

the eggs are a neat blue green! when she was young she was the biggest BRAT, now she is my biggest fan, more respect form the hens than from the darn dog!

61694_sdc11167.jpg

There's nothing 'sadly' about EE's except for the fact that you thought you were getting one thing instead of the other. We love our EE's (here's a pic of our other one) and would not hesitate to get more if we had the room. They are decent layers (every other day - blue & green eggs), healthy and very affectionate - much more so that our wyandotte's. Wouldn't trade them for anything!
58060_mimi_aug_2010_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom