we found a goose with hurt wings

VioletandBodie

Songster
9 Years
Aug 11, 2010
port
we are in wisconsin and we found a candian goose with 2 broken wings, if me and my friend are able to catch him what should we do. we might be able to keep it but were not shure what to do. around here animal control just kills hurt gesse and ducks

You would first need to see if it is legal to keep the goose without a permit in your state. If so, then you are faced with the task of catching it without causing it farther harm. Ever heard the expression "wild goose chase"?

If you actually manage to get past the first 2 steps then you would probably have to bind the wings to the bird somehow. I think vet wrap would be your best bet. You would have to keep it confined for a good while so they can heal. I wouldn't expect it to regain use of the wings, but at least it may be able to hold them comfortably after they heal. Goodluck!

i found out from a nice man with a boat at the docks that people feed the ones with injurys so they are ok. there is a place where the water dosnt freez over during tthe winter so for the last 3-4 years they lived there. so this topic is done with sorry

Back
Top Bottom