We found this little guy (or gal) on the interstate, in the city... Any clue what breed, age, and sex it is?

Hi have two cinnamon queens and two golden comets(all 6 months old and free range), do you think its safe to slowly integrate her into the flock?

I would be wary forcing integration at this time, ideally, she should be quarantined before you do any introduction to make sure she isn't carrying anything, and then possibly try a see-dont-touch method, since you know nothing about her background. If she was indeed used to breed fighting cockerels, she may have been selected for a nasty temperament towards other birds or she could be the sweetest thing ever, but I absolutely wouldn't suggest putting them together and seeing how it works out.

I would be wary forcing integration at this time, ideally, she should be quarantined before you do any introduction to make sure she isn't carrying anything, and then possibly try a see-dont-touch method, since you know nothing about her background. If she was indeed used to breed fighting cockerels, she may have been selected for a nasty temperament towards other birds or she could be the sweetest thing ever, but I absolutely wouldn't suggest putting them together and seeing how it works out.

Great information!, Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom