We got flurries!

Last snow was last week, 4 inches I expect. We had a weather warning out today, all buses were cancelled, freezing rain, hail, general rain, no snow! I'm hoping we get some good snow to cover all that nasty driveway of ours!

Its rained here for the last 2 days, then we had little flurries all day long of teeny tiny flakes that melt almost before the hit the ground.

Mucky would be the most descriptive word I can think of.

Quote:
We got a pile of it here in the Grand Rapids area, too. We got at least 6 inches. I shoveled after work because I like being out in the snow (DH hates it).

The hilarious thing is that 6" is just a little bit of snow in West Michigan. They'd laugh at us in the UP (Upper Peninsula), too.

I hope the flurries in Georgia put you in the Christmas spirit!

I'm in Macon cty NC. We have been begging for rain. We are down 12 inches last year and 13 so far this year. I love the 9/10 of an inch we got. Today snow. its beautiful but hazardous. There are over 20 steps going down my hill to the coop. Unfortunately I put my babies 6 weeks old in the coop with a heat lamp yesterday evening. I have been going back and forth all day checking on them. I have a high-low thermometer in there and so far they are doing better than me.
We are due more snow tonight and being rural our power sometimes goes out. I am afraid that this is one snow i really can not enjoy. Although normally I snuggle in with my wood heater( we also have central heat) and hot tea.
Hope all stays safe tonight and tomorrow jean

Hey, Key West! I'll be excited with you. We got lots of flurries today. It was beautiful and melted the minute it hit the ground.
big_smile.png

We NEVER get snow before Christmas!

Quote:
I attended junior and senior high in Miami. While in Jr. High, trying to remember the year - 1975? it snowed twice in Miami that winter. Melted as soon as it hit the ground, but snowed nonetheless.

big_smile.png
We had flurries today( well yesterday now) in 'Bama is was melted before it hit the ground I wished it would have stuck cause I am Stuck at home anyway right now with a bumed ankle!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom