We got our first egg ever today

Congrats! Getting the first egg is like Christmas morning! Hope your hen gets better soon

Thank you :) She is home now on antibiotics and pain meds and seems to be recovering well.

It is so exciting isn't it!! we had our first last week after having the girls only 5 days.. so we were surprosed ... we were told probably 2 weeks before they layed .. and we have had an egg a day since then ... It makes you look at eggs in a different way hey! Instead of off the supermarket shelf you see it like the miracle they are ..
and hey for those who want a yummy way to eat more eggs here's a recipe for snickerdoodle crepes... a great way to use up eggs
6 eggs
5 oz Philadelphia cream cheese ( softened)
1 tsp cinnamon

sweeten ( with sugar)if you want - I used 1 Tblsp granulated erythritol
use a stick blender..
It makes a thin batter - pour into fry pan & cook then enjoy with your topping

Thank sounds amazing :D Will definitely try it when we get more eggs

Congratulations! Waiting for my first and know I'll be sharing the news when it happens!:frow:wee:wee:thumbsup:woot:yesss:

Ooh I can't wait :D What type of hens do you have?

Yes getting the first egg is a nice feeling, funny you can go to the shops and get dozens of them but one from one of your chickens seems extra special.
I remember when I got the first egg and like many more I took a picture of it.

Yes it has definitely changed the way I look at eggs

very happy for you @jonaeselaye :ya It's a great day when they start laying :celebrate
A 2 month wait is not bad though - I'm still waiting on a couple of girls I picked up as 8 week olds in May! :pop:rolleyes: (and yes, they're definitely hens; possibly lemons, but definitely hens)

Ohh wow hopefully they start laying soon :) I probably shouldn't have picked silkies if I wanted eggs quickly haha I have heard they are considered lazy layers

Back
Top Bottom