We have a Chicken Cam!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 12, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I pondered where to post this for the longest time, so here it is. After our diaster on Tuesday, the boys moved the coop, turned the floodlight and installed a secruity cam!!! I am SOOO happy about that!!!!

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Is it online?? Or just for home use?

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Hope it helps to keep them all safer for you.

4. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

[​IMG] Just remember that if the light is a motion light it will only deter the bad for a while and then they will get use to it and pay no attention. Now as for the camera..... depending on what it is that may soon be yer best friend. When we had the goats I had 2 cams in the barn for kidding does. I had the monitor right next to the bed so I could see and hear it at night. Now keep in mind these were cheap systems one from K March'e and one from Rip Shack. They were $100 each and good enough that I could actually hear the goat berries hit the ground. Another thing people can do is put a "baby monitor" in or near the coop. At least that way ya will hear any comotion.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Not a motion light - constant light. I am asking Ken in the morning about others having access. I think not because I have to log in.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    excellent Debi...I am considering the same thing once I get modifications on the coop and the new ones built in the Spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by