We have a serial killer and not enough cops to find him....

Dexter is a book series turned into an HBO series about a serial killer who kills serial killers and other criminals. He also works as a crime scene investigator if I remember the story right.

^Sounds right to me, DH and his friend were going on about it...

Take out the scum no one wants around... so they really don't want to find you/stop you... and then work the crime scene so you can throw them off your trail AND at the same time also get leads to your next target...

Makes me think of the old west... how many scumbags were killed by "other bad guys" but citizens figured he was doing a good job so let him keep at it...

I *love* that show. Not the typical type of show for me, but I really have been drawn into the story line. It is funny that Project Runway has been doing that spoof of the Dexter opening, LOL. Is Dexter coming back on soon? I heard that guy that plays the character has been sick with cancer. So sad.
sad.png

Quote:
because shootings, stabbings and beatings are a daily occurrence here. Flint Mi is truly the Murder Capital of the world. If you look at size, density, and amount of crime, even Detroit pales by comparison. and ya'll thought I was crazy by choice eh?
smile.png
a healthy dose of paranoia can keep you alive in Flint.

Baton Rouge La. Had several ----yes----- that's right several serial killers going at the same time.

One killing women of the streets, prostitutes. Evidently no one keeps track of prostitutes, wasn't until he accidently targeted a well to do lady jogger that authorities went into action. Turns out thay had suspected the guy but couldn't or wouldn't do anything. Caught him using tire tracks, left at a much earlier crime scene. He would dump his victims in rural areas and he had three different makes of tires on his car. Question is/was in my mind -how many women died because they were considered "disposible" by society. Nearest I can remember the guys name was Shawn Gillis, last name Gillis any way.

The other maybe ya'll heard about him. Derrick Todd Lee. Killed up a bunch of women, black, white, young, old didn't matter he was equal oppourtunity. He was finally caught by one of the state attorney's office investigators. That's right "attorney general's office". Seems that the news media got envolved and started plastering discriptions over the air waves. None of the descriptions were cogent. But they had about 1.5 million ex-wives, girl friends calling in and reporting their ex- whatevers. Turns out it was a real good way to get even with a no good cheating son of a gun. State, Parish, and city law enforcement was bogged down investigating/looking into each of the "tips". DNA backlog numbered in the 1000s at one point. I might add that several civil cases have now been filed against law enforcement agencies for illegal arrest, taking DNA without cause, search and siezure without cause. What a frickin nightmare.

These were enough to make me question the ability of local law enforcement to even provide a shadow of protection.

Why don't ya'll google up the names, should be some interesting reading.

Just keep your wits and ammo about you Boyd!

I was up near Flint this weekend.. I try to steer clear of that area as much as possible!

Back
Top Bottom