We have ticks help!

Do you have outside cats? If not, get out there and wage war on those eight-legged nasties!
There are tons in the neighborhood but they don’t come in our yard because of the dogs. What do I need for my battle?! I want to wrap myself in garbage bags to go out there now lol. Do you think the liquid permethrin will work?? How do I get them off the comb? Will they attach to their skin under feathers too??? Ahhhh. My girls aren’t super lovey so it’s hard to catch the ones that aren’t squatting yet. How do I even check them all?!

Have you given your chickens garlic in their water? This might work as a natural repellent to ticks. I haven't given mine garlic yet, but we have deer ticks around here, so I may need to try something like this in future.

There are tons in the neighborhood but they don’t come in our yard because of the dogs. What do I need for my battle?! I want to wrap myself in garbage bags to go out there now lol. Do you think the liquid permethrin will work?? How do I get them off the comb? Will they attach to their skin under feathers too??? Ahhhh. My girls aren’t super lovey so it’s hard to catch the ones that aren’t squatting yet. How do I even check them all?!
Lol hardly need trash bags. Just use gloves and wash your hands when you're done.

How many do you have? Do you have someone that can help? For squirrely chickens, it is best to go out at night with a head lamp and take them right from the roost. Do what you need to and put them right back.

Back
Top Bottom