We lost one

The vet just called. Jack was up and hungry when she came in this morning, so he should get to come home today! His color and temp are good, and all he will have is a limp and a bad haircut for a while.

The vet said he had been injured for at least six hours. We are very lucky he didn't succumb to shock.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Well Jack is home. He's sore, and unable to really move well. But he is glad to be home.

*WARNING! POSSIBLY DISTURBING PICS BELOW*

Jack is tore up from the floor up. His drain has to be flushed 3-4 times daily, and he is on pain and antibiotic meds. He is also favoring the leg, and rolls his hoof. We hope its not permanent nerve damage.

Jack in the new kidding pen. Which will probably never be used.

jack3.jpg

His rear and back.

IMGP0298.jpg

They really tore into him.

jack1.jpg

Up close of the drain. The original wound was deep enough to fit my fist in.

jack2.jpg

Thanks.

Oh I am so sorry. I hope he recovers soon.

Did you ever get the dogs?

I am new to AR. Moved here a year ago from WI. and I had to get used to seeing dogs running loose like that. It's scary..........especially at night.

God Bless.

I am sorry for what has happened and I hope you get whatever did this, it is going to take diligence, thats for sure. The predators/dogs are going to come back.
My own dogs killed my 8 yr. old pygmy's last year, I am still sick about it (I no longer have 2 of the dogs)...There were no visible injuries at all, I think the fear/shock/upset just takes its toll and they die. Your Jack is amazing, what a Champ! I wish you all the best, my heart goes out to you.
Tina/tfpets

Back
Top Bottom