We lost one

One last update. We had to put Jack down this afternoon. He was fine this morning, but at lunch was deep in shock-his temp was 94. Apparently infection had established itself and spread like wildfire through his body.

At least he is with Lil Bit again.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

Oh that bites. I am so sorry to hear you lost Jack too. If I were you, I would kill every dog that roamed on my property. Shoot, bury and ssssshhhhhh.

That is just horrid that dogs are running loose like that. Thank goodness your dogs are okay.

I'm sorry to hear that. You seem to be handling it pretty well. If I were you I would be installing a Gatling gun on my roof. I hate to hear stories like that. I hope you are able to stop this from happening again.

I am sorry to hear that you lost Jack also.
sad.png

we are here for you.
Take care always,
Tina

I am so very sorry for your loss. It really breaks my heart that you suffered yet another loss with Jack. His post-vet pics gave us all such hope too.

I wish Jack and Lil Bit safe passage across that Rainbow Bridge.

And peace for you and your family.

P.S. I hope your canine family is O.K. too

I am so sorry for your loss. I know all too well what it is like. I had a baby monitor on in my barn listening for a doe who was due to kid soon. If it hadn't been for that monitor there's no telling how bad it might have been by the time I got up.

Anyway, a German Shepherd had climbed our gate and had started attacking. It paralyzed one of my most precious junior does and had cut a few others by the time I got down there. I went in and drug the dog out. My DH shot the dog. I will never tolerate a dog harming my animals let alone give it a chance to come back. I can only image how bad you feel since you didn't get to catch the dogs.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry. At least you were able to try to save Jack. I'm so sorry that Lil' Bit couldn't give you her babies but hopefully she went quickly and painlessly like you said.

hugs.gif

So sorry for your loss.

I HATE IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS (directed at idiot owners who let their dogs run lose, not OP)
somad.gif
rant.gif

I know you are grieving and probably not really ready, but remember that goats are flock animals and your last goat would probably like another companion.

Here's a couple more
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom