We Quit Cigarettes

Yeah unless you want to lose more

I definitely don’t but I also doubt I’ll be able to get it 100% secure anyway because the door has tricky gaps. And they can fit through a gap the size of a quarter.

Give your animals a secure place to live and or stop getting more animals.

I haven’t gotten anymore in months and have no plans to.

But yes, I am going to secure it. Which is what I said.

Nice to see we finally stopped talking about food. ☺
Look at these beauties I picked up last night. Incubator been sitting getting dusty figured time to fire it up. Decided to settle down with some FBCM and work on that stock.
DB9DF31E-3541-40CA-BE7B-6DBADC5AC646.jpeg

I am going to really have to try hard to stay focused because I do keep thinking that one drag won't hurt.
And yes I know this sounds retarded and is just dumb but it's real. It would be so much easier just going to buy a pack. Today might be a tough day.

I have to win!
KiKi? Don't do that.:old

Btw, for the record, even if it might not seem like it, I do care about my birds (and all my other animals) and already feel guilty enough about these losses without more added on. I am also well aware it’s 110% my fault (so I should feel that way) and am fixing the problem today. I’m also fully securing the main coop/run too even though I’ve never had a problem in 4+ years and they’re moving soon. I lugged the huge roll of hardware cloth to the back all by myself (which was not easy) and have been working away on it. My dad is busy working on the new coop so I’m doing it entirely by myself.

I ordered mine from the local Runnings. American Buff. Three geese and a gander. $15 for the gander but the geese were $35 each. Try one of your local stores rather than having them shipped. They don't need a pond. We have one but they haven't found it yet. I'm getting an egg every other day from each of the girls now, but so far none fertile. I think our days are still too short for the gander. I've seen him climb on a couple times, but Holderread says they need a 12 hour day to be fertile. When it warms up some I'll put out their kiddie pool. Even a few inches of water helps the fertility, or so I'm reading. They're heavy birds, and they're considered a medium-sized breed.

My geese are among the few birds I would bring along were I to move (which we're seriously discussing because it's SO COLD.) Them and the Sweetgrass Turkeys. And my nice cows (I'm selling the mean-girl irregardless) and their handsome consort. And the doggies of course. None of my birds are pets, but American Buff are supposed to be the most family friendly, and I read on here of people whose geese ARE pets and very affectionate (except maybe during breeding season).
When it's time to order geese, and the price is out of your range, just tell them "but it on my bill"
:smack

Back
Top Bottom