We Quit Cigarettes

It's not just the tobacco. I doubt that fresh is good for you either. What I was saying is that they are probably a bit different considering all of the additives in US tobacco. I'm using words like "probably" and "imagine" because I have not done any research on it. It's a little hard for be to believe that fresh no-additive tobacco is as bad as what we see in the grocery store. But :confused:
I think you're right in that the additives are also bad. Unaltered tobacco (if that's what is being produced in India--it's a developed country after all) is bad enough all by itself. I don't mean to rag on anyone, and especially not the good loving folks here, such as yourself and Kabootar who give so much--I hate any chance of hurting anyone's feelings--I just worry that a suggestion that, "well maybe it's not SO bad", will take root in someone's mind and become a stumbling block to them.

Tobacco is not food. It should not be ingested in any way shape or form. The tobacco companies lied to us for so many years. It is toxic and given enough exposure, it is deadly.

Last edited:
I think you're right in that the additives are also bad. Unaltered tobacco (if that's what is being produced in India--it's a developed country after all) is bad enough all by itself. I don't mean to rag on anyone, and especially not the good loving folks hare, such as yourself and Kabootar who give so much--I hate any chance of hurting anyone's feelings--I just worry that a suggestion that, "well maybe it's not SO bad", will take root in someone's mind and become a stumbling block to them.

Tobacco is not food. It should not be ingested in any way shape or form. The tobacco companies lied to us for so many years. It is toxic and given enough exposure, it is deadly.
Just say no!

Do you not have goat heads in Texas?! I am so jealous! Nasty little suckers. Very common in Arizona and New Mexico.
We have both goat heads and sandspurs here.
sandspur1.jpg

I think you're right in that the additives are also bad. Unaltered tobacco (if that's what is being produced in India--it's a developed country after all) is bad enough all by itself. I don't mean to rag on anyone, and especially not the good loving folks hare, such as yourself and Kabootar who give so much--I hate any chance of hurting anyone's feelings--I just worry that a suggestion that, "well maybe it's not SO bad", will take root in someone's mind and become a stumbling block to them.

No worries there at all, Cindy! That sure isn't what I meant, and I apologize if that's how my words came across. I appreciate your insight :hugs

Back
Top Bottom