We Quit Cigarettes

I am not a midget.

@Ursuline Chick Are you ok?
Yes, thank you for asking. I have just been moody, from not smoking for 14 days (I think :confused:) Sometimes I feel like I don't know what to do with myself. Hubby's work hours get more and more bizarre with each passing day. Daughter is doing great, baking cookies for boyfriend and planning picnics. To be young and have no worries except what to bring on the picnic and showing off the fact that you can cook from scratch :love :lau:lau:gig
I remember those days like they were yesterday

throw them cigarettes in the garbage ,don't put anywhere so you can sneak out and get one,,,,years ago I bet my friend $25,00 that I could quit smoking and he was quiting also ,well I would hide cigarettes out side behind my barn ,well one sunday my friend came over ,and guess what caught me smoking out behind the barn cost me $25.00 dollars ,so after that I just threw mine away never smoked again ,but to late I got cancer ,never be able to speak a word again,,so take my advice please quit smoking
@geno 9129 so sorry to hear about the changes you have had to make. Please know we are all here for you. just one of the nice things about belonging to this flock. :hugs

If you blame the wife, she may hear about it. :lau

I've been admonished for giving Crazy Lady credit on disappeared bags of candy. It's always the dogs.
Many years ago, when my son was selling candy for school, while we were out, our cat ate the end off of each candy bar in a full box. I had to buy a full box of candy that I could not use. :th

So I'm a stress eater really bad and I've been doing other things to keep my mind off food. I've been drink a lot of water too. I've been staying away from sugar because it's a huge addiction for me, it's honestly like a drug to me but it does crazy things to my body like heart palpitations. It also gives me the shakes if I eat it and I don't have more. Sugar to me is worse than any addiction I've ever had before, it's honestly scary to think about because so many people eat it in the world.

Yesterday to distract my mind I did journaling, games, a puzzle, and played with the ducklings.

I can't believe how fast ducklings grow! I had ducklings before and I guess I forgot that they go from tiny to full grown in no time. They're double the size already! The silver ones are my favorite 🤫 don't tell my husband his dark dark isn't my favorite.
I hope you find all the strength to get through this. :fl
I myself also know that it can be difficult to stay away from food during periods of stress. Thats why I started to smoke long time ago. After quitting I gained weight and changed bad habits into better ones before I got obese.

My sister is a very serious stress eater, and eventually she had gastric surgery. But the problem is not gone. After 3 years she starts to gain weight again because she has started to eat and snack more. Gastric surgery is often not enough, many patients continue to need coaching to stay healthy afterwards.

:oldA few tips, maybe you already know. :
(I hope there’s something in it that will help you.)
  • The best way to deal with stress is a lot of walking, cycling, or other sports.
  • Buy a lot of healthy food such as vegetables, fruits and nuts. If you feel hungry, eat cucumber, carrot, celery, etc.
  • Do not buy or eat processed food and products with refined sugar or sweeteners. Keep them away from you.
  • Take healthy food with you if you visit people. Join in eating but skip the crap.
  • Dieting is useless, you can’t go on a diet forever. Try to change your lifestyle. And if you can afford it, seek professional support. Or find a support group (like here).

Hey all. I need to finish catching up. Fell off the wagon again last night after a couple of beers and an amazing grilled steak with a friend. It was worth it, I'm not even going to lie.

My state got put into lockdown, this mass hysteria is getting ugly here. Be interesting (if not fun) to see where this takes us.
@ShannonR Don't worry about it, take my hand and jump back on the wagon :frow:hugs

Downtown new Orleans is gonna and is now being hit real hard with shutting down restaurants and other public gathering places. That's its number one tax revenue the tourists areas. All new Orleans is is restaurants
Well there is a little more to us than bars and restaurants.............
Like Churches, schools, the largest inner city park in the US (Yes larger than Central Park (look it up)), a zoo, should I go on.
That's not to say we wont take a big financial hit, But then we have gotten through those before :confused: :hugs

Back
Top Bottom