We Quit Cigarettes

Hello, everyone! Good luck today -- you can get through it!

Not sure why I chose Rapier... it sounded cool, I guess. Scimitar was peckin' everyone yesterday, and for some reason, her name just popped into my head as I was scolding her. Saber, I just liked the sound of.
Shade and Eclipse are there to stay, I think. I like the name Eclipse... haven't seen an eclipse, but the word sounds cool.
Not sure about the bantams. I won't let Kiki name them -- Richard isn't a name that I'd choose for one of my chicks (no offense, Kiki!). Not sure what I'll name them.
Cookware? Food? Anatomy? Diseases? Medical conditions? Plants? Fabrics? I dunno. I'll figure something out, though....
Anyway, best of luck to all you quitters! You can do it!
May I humbly suggest that you consider Latin words?

okay, I am smoking again at least for the foreseeable future. About an hour or so ago, as I was finally falling asleep, I heard noise in my coop. Pulled on pants ? :barnie stupid, who is in my backyard at 1 am? Grabbed the .22 and went out the back door towards my girls.
When I opened the coop door, there was one of my oldest girls, dead and eviscerated right in front of me. :hit Could not find the SOB predator anywhere and I looked hard and long. She went down fighting, her hackle feathers were still puffed up.
took some time to calm the rest of the flock, they were panting and shaking for a while. They are all back asleep except me, who is sitting up smoking and listening for any noise from the coop.
I am so pissed that I stopped to put on pants, but it probably would have heard me coming anyway :he
Oh and my broody decided to roost with her sisters. So much for having a broody hen

Last edited:
okay, I am smoking again at least for the foreseeable future. About an hour or so ago, as I was finally falling asleep, I heard noise in my coop. Pulled on pants ? :barnie stupid, who is in my backyard at 1 am? Grabbed the .22 and went out the back door towards my girls.
When I opened the coop door, there was one of my oldest girls, dead and eviscerated right in front of me. :hit Could not find the SOB predator anywhere and I looked hard and long. She went down fighting, her hackle feathers were still puffed up.
took some time to calm the rest of the flock, they were panting and shaking for a while. They are all back asleep except me, who is sitting up smoking and listening for any noise from the coop.
I am so pissed that I stopped to put on pants, but it probably would have heard me coming anyway :he
Oh and my broody decided to roost with her sisters. So much for having a broody hen
Dammit, !!! very sorry for that. I just awoke to a noise too, a possum trying to get at my hens coop. RIP/ no rest in hell possum.! sorry dear friend about your bird.:hit:hugs

Dammit, !!! very sorry for that. I just awoke to a noise too, a possum trying to get at my hens coop. RIP/ no rest in hell possum.! sorry dear friend about your bird.:hit:hugs
Very glad your possum is smoldering in hell. Mine will not be long for this world if I have to sleep in the coop with the .22. Thank you:hugs

I feel your struggle Kiki. I've been trying to quit dipping snuff for like the past 5 years. It seems to be an endless cycle of quitting for a few days and then picking it right back up. I really need to stop bc my health is starting to be affected (as I reach 50 years old) but I always seems to find a reason to buy "just 1 more can." I used Chantix a few years ago and was able to stay stopped for about 6 months but the Chantix DID cause very frequent and vivid "nightmare-type" dreams. I also quit drinking booze in 2005 and it wasn't ez but it was nowhere near as challenging as the tobacco. Best of luck in your quest to break the chains :wee of Nicotine

I feel your struggle Kiki. I've been trying to quit dipping snuff for like the past 5 years. It seems to be an endless cycle of quitting for a few days and then picking it right back up. I really need to stop bc my health is starting to be affected (as I reach 50 years old) but I always seems to find a reason to buy "just 1 more can." I used Chantix a few years ago and was able to stay stopped for about 6 months but the Chantix DID cause very frequent and vivid "nightmare-type" dreams. I also quit drinking booze in 2005 and it wasn't ez but it was nowhere near as challenging as the tobacco. Best of luck in your quest to break the chains :wee of Nicotine
The last and final time that I quit Copenhagen, the fake chew is what helped me quit.

Also gum does help!
Until the TMJ flares up. :gig

Lemon pepper chicken and rice for dinner
Oh Yummmmm!

I am afraid to so much as to go a grocery store or inside any establishment now because I am terrified of their little immune systems being bludgeoned again so soon after they were sick for so long.
I would be too....keep them at home.
Can you use one of the order online and pick up grocery services?

Back
Top Bottom