We Quit Cigarettes

Good morning, Quitters.

@Ursuline Chick - okay, last night is allowed, not pull up your big girl panties and get back on the quit wagon. Seriously sorry for your loss.

@sLOWdJonny9 welcome to the quit club. Quit alcohol 8/20/92. Quit nicotine (chew) for good after more attempts than I can recall. My experience was the same as yours. You can do this. For me the urge to drink appears to be gone. The call of nicotine still triggers, but I know the dangers of tobacco in any form.

@Kiki, it's day 41, congrats!
day 41 kyle 100-days-of-Meditation-Day-41.jpg

okay, I am smoking again at least for the foreseeable future. About an hour or so ago, as I was finally falling asleep, I heard noise in my coop. Pulled on pants ? :barnie stupid, who is in my backyard at 1 am? Grabbed the .22 and went out the back door towards my girls.
When I opened the coop door, there was one of my oldest girls, dead and eviscerated right in front of me. :hit Could not find the SOB predator anywhere and I looked hard and long. She went down fighting, her hackle feathers were still puffed up.
took some time to calm the rest of the flock, they were panting and shaking for a while. They are all back asleep except me, who is sitting up smoking and listening for any noise from the coop.
I am so pissed that I stopped to put on pants, but it probably would have heard me coming anyway :he
Oh and my broody decided to roost with her sisters. So much for having a broody hen
Dam thievin' varmit! I hope you can blast it to the next kingdom before it pulls a repeat performance. 😡

Dam thievin' varmit! I hope you can blast it to the next kingdom before it pulls a repeat performance. 😡
Thank you, that's what I am hoping too.
We had an old house torn down, a few doors down, last week. I told DH that the Lord only knows what is looking for housing and food since the house was torn down.
Should have realized, but then so much else was going on, I didn't even think about it :confused:

Hello, everyone.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, @Ursuline Chick -- it's a terrible thing when a hen is killed and left behind (for whatever reason), bloody and open for the keeper to deal with. You did really well quitting cold turkey -- how long has it been? Two weeks? Pick yourself up, and get back at it -- you can do twice that, triple, quadruple, so on -- you can go forever. You can never smoke again. This is a setback, but that's all that it is; a setback.
You can gain back that progress. You can quit. For good.
Best of luck to you -- we're all here to encourage you, and your faith is there to back you up, as well. Never stop trying! :hugs

And, hey! That goes for the rest of you quitters, as well! You can do this! Those of you who fell of the wagon, up you get, you can do this!
Never give up!
(C'mon, c'mon, up you get, up you get -- it's not healthy to lay on the road off the wagon. Who knows what's on that road? Germs, that's what -- nasty things, they slow you down and kill your confidence and strength to keep going. Up! Up, up, you can do it!).
(Sorry that I was so pushy! Didn't mean to offend anyone! Just trying @Kiki's way of encouraging people: Ordering them to do something. Don't mean that in a bad way -- sorry if I offended you, Kiki.).

And, hey! That goes for the rest of you quitters, as well! You can do this! Those of you who fell of the wagon, up you get, you can do this!
Never give up!
(C'mon, c'mon, up you get, up you get -- it's not healthy to lay on the road off the wagon. Who knows what's on that road? Germs, that's what -- nasty things, they slow you down and kill your confidence and strength to keep going. Up! Up, up, you can do it!).
(Sorry that I was so pushy! Didn't mean to offend anyone! Just trying @Kiki's way of encouraging people: Ordering them to do something. Don't mean that in a bad way -- sorry if I offended you, Kiki.).
You are hilarious, Sapphire! :lau

Nope. Oh, no no no no, nope. Never liked performing in front of people... *hides in a corner with a cookbook*. Thank you, though.
I like encouraging people -- if it can make a positive difference in a person's life, then I'm happy to do so. Making someone else feel positive makes yourself feel positive, as well. Reap what you sow, right?

Hello, everyone.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, @Ursuline Chick -- it's a terrible thing when a hen is killed and left behind (for whatever reason), bloody and open for the keeper to deal with. You did really well quitting cold turkey -- how long has it been? Two weeks? Pick yourself up, and get back at it -- you can do twice that, triple, quadruple, so on -- you can go forever. You can never smoke again. This is a setback, but that's all that it is; a setback.
You can gain back that progress. You can quit. For good.
Best of luck to you -- we're all here to encourage you, and your faith is there to back you up, as well. Never stop trying! :hugs
@Sapphire Sebright , thank you for the well said, heart felt nudge. I think that was what I need, right now, as much as I needed to wake up to @featherhead007 's lovely and obvious caring.
There are so many out there, who's opinions I truly value. You are truly my friends, and I would hate to leave anyone out of the list. You know who you are, even if I did a list and left half of you out. "Tracy's just having a bad day and forgot to put my name on the list" :smack
Y'all have always been here for me in times of need, able to joke and find ways out thru our own knowledge and our never ceassing bond and respect of each other
Although I am not always on the site, I am here to be of help in anyway i can :highfive:
What a wonderful, diverse group we have become in the past few years :love
Thank you again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom