We Quit Cigarettes

I'm not interested in therapy.
If I see a psychologist then it will be one that is partnered with a psychiatrist.

Ah okay. That makes sense. Personally, for me, I wanted to try therapy before any medicines or anything, but I totally get if you don’t want to see one. They are not for everybody. Though for me personally it’s really helped a lot even though I’ve only had 3 appointments so far haha

Full-time work is a good thing, but the definition of "full-time" has been reduced. I don't know what it is now, specifically, but it's less than 40 hrs. It likely varies by state. 🤷‍♀️

And most jobs do offer insurance. Maybe not jobs for very small businesses, but most do.

Thanks! That’s good to know. I’ll have to look into it and see.

I’m not talking about an online doctor or some fake crap. I’m talking about real, certified therapists that also happen to offer their services online through text or video chat. They are 100% real. Not everybody has actual physical therapists/psychologists near them or has the time. So it’s very popular and real. And most of them also have a real office too. I would never suggest some fake scam thing. I’m not that stupid. I know most online things are scams but this isn’t. I was just trying to help.
She has real therapist right here on BYC...free ones.

Ah okay. That makes sense. Personally, for me, I wanted to try therapy before any medicines or anything, but I totally get if you don’t want to see one. They are not for everybody. Though for me personally it’s really helped a lot even though I’ve only had 3 appointments so far haha
I appreciate it. Talking it out has never helped me, though.
I could be having the best month of my life and a switch gets flipped in my brain and I'm sleeping 20 hours a day, no appetite, losing weight, lethargic and emotionally numb.
I have had counseling, tried self help crap, ate healthy, and stay busy with working or school. I try my best to keep up with healthy hobbies and I have an amazing support group in my family. Tried healthy and unhealthy coping strategies.
Sometimes it really is just a chemical imbalance in your brain.

I could be having the best month of my life and a switch gets flipped in my brain and I'm sleeping 20 hours a day, no appetite, losing weight, lethargic and emotionally numb.
I have had counseling, tried self help crap, ate healthy, and stay busy with working or school. I try my best to keep up with healthy hobbies and I have an amazing support group in my family. Tried healthy and unhealthy coping strategies.

Oh wow sounds like you really have tried just about everything already! :hugs

I do think for you medicine is definitely the best next step since you’ve already tried so much else and, like you said, sometimes it really is just chemicals!

For me, I think my thing is more just anxiety and maybe a bit of seasonal stuff, so the talking helps, especially since I’ve never really had that before, but I know it won’t help everybody and for some people, medicine is definitely the best, or sometimes the only, option. Which is perfectly fine! Definitely nothing to be ashamed or afraid of or anything. I know not everything works for everyone so I say if you want to try medicine then go for it! :hugs

I wouldn’t be worried about the weight gain or anything. I think you will be fine. It affects everybody differently so you might not even experience it. And even if you do, they can likely try different medicines and/or dosages until they find the right one for you.

I really, truly hope that you are able to find something that works for you. :hugs

I can so relate to what you just said :hugs

Oh wow sounds like you really have tried just about everything already! :hugs

I do think for you medicine is definitely the best next step since you’ve already tried so much else and, like you said, sometimes it really is just chemicals!

For me, I think my thing is more just anxiety and maybe a bit of seasonal stuff, so the talking helps, especially since I’ve never really had that before, but I know it won’t help everybody and for some people, medicine is definitely the best, or sometimes the only, option. Which is perfectly fine! Definitely nothing to be ashamed or afraid of or anything. I know not everything works for everyone so I say if you want to try medicine then go for it! :hugs

I wouldn’t be worried about the weight gain or anything. I think you will be fine. It affects everybody differently so you might not even experience it. And even if you do, they can likely try different medicines and/or dosages until they find the right one for you.

I really, truly hope that you are able to find something that works for you. :hugs
I had to go the medicine route there was no other option. I felt defeated, but honestly it's better now with medication. I feel normal, which feels weird to me because I've never felt it until I was 32 and admitted my issue to my Dr. I was in denial and it only made things worse.

Back
Top Bottom