We thought Welsummers but....

hellochickys

Hatching
May 2, 2015
Wisconsin
not sure what we have. Seems like every two weeks or so as they grow and when we search we come up with something else they may be. Lol

What color are their legs? From this photo they could very well be Welsummers (exception, of course being the black/white bird), but there are a couple other breeds that develop similar patterning at this stage. You appear to have at least two, possibly three, cockerels in the mix.

What color are their legs? From this photo they could very well be Welsummers (exception, of course being the black/white bird), but there are a couple other breeds that develop similar patterning at this stage. You appear to have at least two, possibly three, cockerels in the mix.
x2

Agreed

Their legs are gray. Definitely have more roo's then we were thinking lol that's okay though. We are so new to this we are just trying to keep everything healthy and clean :) I thought Welsummers had yellow legs though. We bought them at an auction. The slip just said rare breed.

If they don't have yellow legs, they're not Welsummers. They may be Phoenix mixes or game breed mixes (or possibly Dutch Bantams).

Their legs are gray. Definitely have more roo's then we were thinking lol that's okay though. We are so new to this we are just trying to keep everything healthy and clean
smile.png
I thought Welsummers had yellow legs though. We bought them at an auction. The slip just said rare breed.

They do - that's why I asked because none of the suspect birds are in a position that showed their legs to check. I would suspect Dutch Bantam or possibly a game/game-mix. There's not really anything in the photo that makes a good reference - do they seem to be bantams? Can you get one in a good side shot in their natural, standing position?

Back
Top Bottom