We were told these are dominiques...

Quote:
you said that you like black and white chickens, What do you thins os this ones??

38176_anconas_005.jpg

definitely keep them seperated from your other chickens for a week or two. I don't like how the one is puffed up like that. Was is cold out?

Black sex-links are excellent layers. Maybe next time you'll get your black and whites
smile.png

Smelling bad is a sign of illness. It is usually accompanied by nasal discharge, watery eyes and lethargic behavior. Just smelly without all the other stuff may be nothing at all.

Quote:
Yea that one in the middle looks a little sick to me, i'll keep them away from yours for 30 days

Nava- those are beautiful!!!

Yes it was a bit chilly and a little drizzly. I haven't noticed nasal dischage. They laying around a bit, but I'm hoping it's just from the trip home. So 2 weeks seperated from my other chickens should be ok?

The guy told me he was usda certifed! I guess I'm a sucker for trusting him!

Maybe usda certified to sell eating eggs or butchering birds. Even if he's npip, they get checked for pollorum-thyphoid and avian flu... not a gazillion other stuff. It may be nothing... I wouldn't worry too much. Mine hunker down like that if it's cold and drizzly... especially if they're young.

I think 2 weeks is just fine. Some would seperate for longer but, most things would rear its ugly head within 2 weeks. There are still some things that would never show up. If the birds were carriers, you could keep them seperated for 6 months then put them in with yours and your existing birds would get sick. It's just the chance you take when purchasing new birds. Don't worry too much and hope for the best.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom