weak chicken stopped eating

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by coyotesmommy, Nov 20, 2014.

1. coyotesmommy

coyotesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Need suggestions I have a chicken that has stopped eating... she is bone thin!! her feathers weigh more than her!! she was a very large healthy hen about 2 1/2years old, but I noticed the other girls not letting her in the group when it was snack time picked up and realized how light she had gotten. I have been giving her pedilite and gator aide trying to give her food but most of the time she just only eats a tiny bit and then show no interest. She did lay really big eggs but sometimes the egg shells looked odd and deformed. I had another hen how never laid a egg and she died a few weeks back being EXTRA thin. The other 6 hens are good weight and eating well.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Have you wormed your hens? If you have what did you use? If she is not drinking you can pm casportpony, she can help you out! She needs help ASAP !!!!!!

3. coyotesmommy

coyotesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Thank you, do you know how to worm them is it something you can get at tractor supply?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by