Weasel attack, ducks not eating

That's good to hear no broken bones. Once the pellets dissolve maybe it will be easier for him to drink his feed.

Hopefully since he is turning his head now that means the pain is getting lesser. If you have any Meloxicam you can give that to him for pain.

How long does shock usually last? Looking into the feeding tube option but afraid that’ll stress them out even more
I agree with Miss Lydia- I'd try some duck soup first see if they are more likely to "eat" that before trying to tube feed. But, read up on tube fedding first if you need to go that route.

Sounds good. Once the shock wears off they most likely will get back to eating. They have moved locations it sounds like - so lots going on for ducks who don't like changes and easily get stressed out.
Update he ate 3 pieces of shredded lettuce! Baby steps but progress! Making pea/soupy mash for dinner and having my fingers crossed!

I agree with Miss Lydia- I'd try some duck soup first see if they are more likely to "eat" that before trying to tube feed. But, read up on tube fedding first if you need to go that route.
Update he ate 3 pieces of shredded lettuce! Baby steps but progress! Making pea/soupy mash for dinner and having my fingers crossed!

That's good to hear no broken bones. Once the pellets dissolve maybe it will be easier for him to drink his feed.

Hopefully since he is turning his head now that means the pain is getting lesser. If you have any Meloxicam you can give that to him for pain.
Thank you!

How long does shock usually last? Looking into the feeding tube option but afraid that’ll stress them out even more
I would still have the supplies on hand even if you don't. I hope you don't have to do it, but a lot of the supplies I have had to order online. It can takes days to get, which ducks sometimes don't have. I primarily suggest it just so you have supplies on hand and can understand what you may need to do. You always want to them to eat on their own, but if they don't, or don't eat or drink enough, they can die.

I would weigh the duck. If it looses 5-10% of it's weight you will want to tube feed.

Its great to hear that your duck is eating something though.

Back
Top Bottom