Web Page Opens While on BYC

Ok so every time I click ANYTHING I'm going to weird spam links and sites. I have not changed any settings or updated anything on my phone. I don't even see the ads or whatever that I'm hitting. I just what to see baby chickens and learn about incubator humidity! I just want to tell my friends about my first rotten egg!

HELP ME PLS!! :hit

Last edited:
An update: This isn't a virus, it's probably a "bad ad" being served through one of our ad partners. We think it's from Google's AdSense product as there are many other websites having a similar problem.

Fortunately there shouldn't be any harm that's worse than being redirected to a sales site. A simple x out of that page should work fine while we get this solved.

It has been happening to me too...for the last two days...I just back click and it appears to do no harm..just very annoying when I am reading a post on BYC...

An update: This isn't a virus, it's probably a "bad ad" being served through one of our ad partners. We think it's from Google's AdSense product as there are many other websites having a similar problem.

Fortunately there shouldn't be any harm that's worse than being redirected to a sales site. A simple x out of that page should work fine while we get this solved.

Sigh, hadn't happened all afternoon... until I just came over here to read the new posts, then it started up big time.

@Nifty-Chicken , I understand this isn't a virus per se, but I am wondering (and worrying) whether the page redirection is being used as a way to try to pass viruses through the malvertising? The thing I noticed about the news stories was that the malware in that episode only made it onto computers that were running older software, but the malvertising attempts were happening to all the computers.

Do your IT folks think the same thing could be happening here? I put the link to that story someplace earlier on this thread...

Thanks! I appreciate that you folks are working on getting it fixed. And pretty clearly, from that CNN article, this sort of thing is very hard to stop.

Back
Top Bottom