Wedding cupcakes-- I need help!!!

Quote:
You've been a member here long enough to know it's against the rules to mention cheesecake and not give us the recipe!!
big_smile.png

That's right, Katy, and YOU have been on here long enough to know that you have to send me a piece if you get a recipe. I'm hungry.

Anne not baking for you anymore!!??
big_smile.png

I have an amazing red velvet cake/cupcake recipe. Very easy and ALWAYS a smash hit. The frosting is to DIE for, but you need to make sure to mix the flour/milk enough to get all the lumps out. It's great because they're not too sweet either
big_smile.png
I made them for a friend's birthday the other day and 6 people ate 2 dozen in less than a day. They're also fun because they're RED.

Let me know if you want it... I can post the recipe in a bit
big_smile.png

All right, all right. Twist my arm
wink.png

Red Velvet Cake

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 oz red food coloring
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar - the longer the better (I like at LEAST 10 minutes). Add eggs, mix well.

Combine red food coloring and cocoa - set aside.

Combine baking soda and vinegar - set aside

Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder -set aside.

Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to the creamed butter/sugar mixture, stirring until smooth. Add vanilla, the color mix and soda mix and blend until well mixed.

Bake in 2 nine-inch round cake pans that have been greased, floured and lined with wax paper at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, cool and frost. OR put in lined muffin tins - bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes. Made 2 dozen cupcakes for me, although some were a bit small.

FROSTING

1 cup milk
6 tablespoons flour
1 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
powdered sugar

Microwave milk and flour - mix together in a bowl, heat in microwave for 60 seconds, stir until smooth. Heat for 60 seconds, stir again. If really thick, cook for 30 seconds or less. If not so thick, cook for 60 seconds. Let cool for 30 minutes or more. Make SURE that your milk/flour mixture is smooth at this point - it is NOT fun to stay up until midnight because you had to remake the frosting so it wasn't lumpy.

Cream butter and granulated sugar until fluffy (at LEAST 10 minutes) - add cooled milk/flour and beat for 10-15 more minutes. Add powdered sugar until at the desired consistency (1/2 to 3/4 of a cup).

Enjoy!

Wedding cupcakes sound cute!

I was at a wedding once which had a cake the bride and groom made to the shape of Mt. Rainier and decorated as the view you get from drumheller fountain on the UW campus. It was a wedding between students. There really is no limit to the imagination!

Quote:
Chocolate cupcakes with mint green frosting... maybe add a little snow flake topper of sugar on each one?

I make a nice orange chocolate if you are interested?

Here's my recipe:
2e686acb4b8443fd10775fe3a11a849a.jpeg

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/de...ni-Cupcakes-with-Butter-Cream-Frosting/46167/

# Cooking Time: 22
# Servings: 12 large (24 mini)
# Preparation Time: 10

# Cupcakes:
# 1/2 cup milk
# 3 large egg whites(do not discard yolks, you'll need them for frosting)
# 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
# Zest of 1 fresh orange (or 1 Tbsp dried zest)
# 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
# 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
# 1 cup sugar
# 1/4 tsp kosher salt
# 2 tsp baking powder
# 6 tbsp softened butter

# Butter Cream Frosting:
# 1/4 cup softened butter
# 3/4 cup powdered sugar
# 1/2 tsp vanilla (or orange extract for more citrus flavor)
# 1 egg yolk
# a few drops of food color, whatever you want

Preheat oven 350

Mix milk, egg whites, zest and extract set aside.

Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add butter while mixing on low one tbsp at a time. Mixture should be crumbly looking.

Add milk mixture slowly and mix on low for a minute and a half until mousse like.

Pour into cupcake/muffin tins with liners. Bake 18-22 minutes. (Until toothpick comes out clean.)

While cupcakes cool mix together all frosting ingredients until whipped nicely. Put on cupcakes when completely cool and serve.

Back
Top Bottom