Wedding cupcakes-- I need help!!!

tpflabs

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Metamora, Illinois
Tom and I are getting married (!!) in March. We are really on a tight budget, so I am planning on making cupcakes for our wedding instead of ordering a cake.
I have my food and sanitation license, so no issues there, and I am going to be making them in a certified kitchen, but I am really having a hard time coming up with a Special cupcake that will suit.
Would love to have one with chocolate, one without. and I LOVE filled cupcakes.
Does anyone have a good foolproof cupcake recipe( prefer not a box mix, unless you doctor it up a bit) that they could share, We will be entertaining only 50 people so I don't need much.
Just something other than a plain old cupcake.
I have been thru all three Wilton courses, and probably have about all of the decorating tips that are out there.
just need something special.
Thanks!!!!

Check out Martha Stewart. She has to have something on there with cupcakes that you can alter. . .I love the idea of you doing cupcakes. I like different things!! Please take pictures of your attempts and we can vote!!! What colors are you using?

Personally, I think cupcakes for a wedding sound tacky (to say the least). Since you have the skills you have, seems it'd be more appropriate and easier for you to make a small, regular type wedding cake and a sheet cake to match.

Mom always made a "Davy Crockett" chocolate cake when I was a kid, and it made enough batter that you could make about 6 cupcakes, as well as the two layers. Then you would take the cupcakes and take them out of the papers and make a "tail" around the cake and frost it to look like the coon skin cap. REALLY marvelous cake too!

I don't know if you want "fancy smancy" or not, but the fondant is just gorgeous when you mold it into various florals and stuff . . .you will learn so much from this experience you will create a whole new career for yourself!!!

Quote:
WHAT??!! Surely you jest Joe.....Whatever the bride and groom chose to do is fine....it's their wedding. I've had cupcakes at a wedding and never once thought there was anything tacky about it. It's a good way to have several different flavor choices without having to bake and decorate different cakes.

recipegirl.com

myweddingwebsite-s.com

partycupcakeideas.com

cakecentral.com

simplylovecupcakes.com

cathscupcakes.co.uk

cupcakexpress.com

Here are some sites to go too, their pics were just gorgeous, and you should be able to find something that will work!! What kind of wedding? County . . .Western . . .frilly . . . .silly . . . .luscious . . .casual . . .and colors please!!!

Back
Top Bottom