Songster
6 Years
May 10, 2013
Hi Everyone

I was looking for any of your expertise and knowledge

I have a silkie that was born last tue so its now a week and a half
its super sweet eating drinking but not growing at all

any thoughts

Some chicks are hatched with undeveloped innards. It may make processing their food and absorbing the nutrients difficult, so they don't grow. Some die because of this, but others just need a "jump start".

You can give your chick this jump start by getting a small bottle of Poultry Nuri-drench. Give the chick a drop undiluted on the side of its beak, then mix up some in its water (the rest of the chicks may drink this, too) so it appears as weak tea.

Change the water and mix fresh Nutri-drench "tea" each day. Do this for a couple weeks. You should see dramatic improvement if this chick is destined to make it.

That photo is adorable! I hope your chick makes it.

Some chicks are hatched with undeveloped innards. It may make processing their food and absorbing the nutrients difficult, so they don't grow. Some die because of this, but others just need a "jump start".

You can give your chick this jump start by getting a small bottle of Poultry Nuri-drench. Give the chick a drop undiluted on the side of its beak, then mix up some in its water (the rest of the chicks may drink this, too) so it appears as weak tea.

Change the water and mix fresh Nutri-drench "tea" each day. Do this for a couple weeks. You should see dramatic improvement if this chick is destined to make it.

That photo is adorable! I hope your chick makes it.
absolutely wise advice. The reason you need the Drench to combat the Malabsorption Syndrome is because the Drench doesn't need to be digested. It mainlines directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the G.I. tract to nourish the chick. That way the chick gets watt it needs until the G.I. rat catches up to the chicks nutritional demands. here, read about it: http://www.nutridrench.com I get mine ( the smallest bottle) at tractor Supply or your feed store. About 7.00 will last for years on a cupboard in stable environment.
Best,
Karen

Hi

Than you for the reply will definitely try that! It was the last 2 hatch actually 2 days after the others. Actually had to help it out. Hopefully it makes it. Such a sweet personality

Back
Top Bottom