week old chick acting wierd

AshleyLisa93

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
Southern Illinois
I have a Golden laced polish. He is a week old tomorrow. He seems to be really "sleepy" he seems like he just wants to sleep has a burst of energy then he will be standing there an fall asleep where he is standing or almost falls over. He eats sitting down and drinks sitting down. I decided to get probiotics and eletrolights for chicks today. he has eaten and drinking a little, just seems as if he wants to sleep. I noticed when I hold him he will be active for a minute then want to sleep his body temp is the same as the others also.
His poop when I put him down was straight runny white ish I don't know really how to expliain the poop but I know that the others poop is normal because I watch them carefully. I would like some advise due to me not having experience with the polish breed. I just want to save him. but I know you cant save all of them its life. I love my chickens like there my children. Please help anyone

This morning he seemed better drinking and standing walking but I had to clean his butt off because he had sticky stringy poop to his butt feathers it was orangish yellow white. I didn't get a good good look before the large amount fell off. But I know for sure what I wiped off was yellowish white

Just please help.

I have a Golden laced polish. He is a week old tomorrow. He seems to be really "sleepy" he seems like he just wants to sleep has a burst of energy then he will be standing there an fall asleep where he is standing or almost falls over. He eats sitting down and drinks sitting down. I decided to get probiotics and eletrolights for chicks today. he has eaten and drinking a little, just seems as if he wants to sleep. I noticed when I hold him he will be active for a minute then want to sleep his body temp is the same as the others also.
His poop when I put him down was straight runny white ish I don't know really how to expliain the poop but I know that the others poop is normal because I watch them carefully. I would like some advise due to me not having experience with the polish breed. I just want to save him. but I know you cant save all of them its life. I love my chickens like there my children. Please help anyone

This morning he seemed better drinking and standing walking but I had to clean his butt off because he had sticky stringy poop to his butt feathers it was orangish yellow white. I didn't get a good good look before the large amount fell off. But I know for sure what I wiped off was yellowish white

Just please help.
It sounds almost as if he has pasty butt.He could be stressed.Do you have older hens or any animals near them?

Back
Top Bottom