Week old chicks sneezing and a few sound croupy any advice?

horseshoe13

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2016
I purchased 15 Cornish Rocks and 7 Production Reds last week at Tractor Supply and nigjt before last after cleaning the brooder and putting in fresh shavings i noticed they were sneeIng and a couple cornish rocks sound raspy. I started Duramycin 10 last night. Any advice?

You may wish to try an alternative bedding - could be allergic. I'd also suggest adding vitamin supplements / electrolytes to their drinking water as this will help boost their immune system in case its viral or bacterial.

All the best
CT

I purchased Tylan 50 today and gave all 22 chicks a shot subcutaneous all but 5 were sneezing with 2 Cornish Rocks and one Production Red were seriously croupy. Praying I got it in time. I will update on their progress.

Well most all the chicks are bouncing around and acting like they should. The Tylon 50 did the number an them. Still have three a bit croupy but they are all still eating and drinking as if nothing was wrong. Thank goodness for me. I will let you know in a few days an update on their progress. Oh, I did call the Hatchery but they never called me back. The receptionist was kind enough to try to give me ideas of what to try. I have already tried what she said except the oxytetracycline.

Just got a call from Townline Hatchery in response to the sick chicks from their Hatchery. Said I'm doing everything right must of caught their cold during shipping. Hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom