Week Old Leghorn Pullet with injured eye

RustyHinge

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2022
I noticed today that one of our Leghorn's eye is closed and the eyelid is pink. We have had them 8 days, but they may be about 2 weeks old. She is eating and drinking, but doesn't have the energy of the others. When i hold her, or lay her on my chest she closes the other eye and falls asleep. While this is normally cute, it happens every time I hold her. She either stands still or slowly walks around. I am guessing this is because her vision is impaired
IMG_7241[2471].jpg
IMG_7242[2473].jpg

I noticed today that one of our Leghorn's eye is closed and the eyelid is pink. We have had them 8 days, but they may be about 2 weeks old. She is eating and drinking, but doesn't have the energy of the others. When i hold her, or lay her on my chest she closes the other eye and falls asleep. While this is normally cute, it happens every time I hold her. She either stands still or slowly walks around. I am guessing this is because her vision is impairedView attachment 3255663View attachment 3255664.
I always start with electrolytes, nutridrench and scrambles soft eggs for sick chicks. Had an eye injury used vetermyacin drops , can also rinse with saline contact solution... did drops for a week and healed awesome. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom