Weekend coop building extravaganza

Quote:
We do get some hefty storms, and with the dirt floor I was a little concerned there wouldn't be enough weight to keep 'er down. But mostly I did the metal feet because I could
lol.png
I work with metal fab all day so the materials were scrap and free. Seemed easier than buying 4x4 pressure treated posts to bury. I didn't go below the frost line for depth, but I'm really not too worried about that aspect of things. After all, it IS only a chicken coop
hide.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
3 Black Australorps, 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Silver Wyandottes, 4 EEs, and 2 Bantam Brahmas. At least, that's what the store told my wife
pop.gif

I hate only having an hour or two after work to pound away at this thing. By the time I get all situated, the dogs handled, the tools back out, etc...
barnie.gif
Oh well, will be the weekend soon enough!

The DW got a quick shot of me shingling away before she got molested by mosquitoes.

DSC08403Medium.jpg

While I was at work today, I decided that our coop shouldn't just have boring old corners on the fascias. So I guessed some dimensions, drew a quick sketch in CAD, did some plasma cutting, and bent 'em all up.

DSC08398Medium.jpg

DSC08401Medium.jpg

They fit the bill for what I was thinking. Nothing amazing, but just enough to add some spice.

DSC08406Medium.jpg

DSC08417Medium.jpg

I'll probably be adding a few more metal accents here and there, but haven't decided all what yet.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom