Weekend Warriors

Thanks Brian, I really love the look of your coop. How's it working out for you? Anything you would change?

It's working perfectly for me and I love it! That's why I know you'll love yours so well. If I were to do it over again...I'd probably have put in that perimeter wall foundation that you two used. But, I used some 4x4 skids on the bottom in case I wanted to move it later (and...you idea never occurred to me :) The truth is, there is no end to spiffing one's hen house. You've got to draw a line somewhere. So...I'm delighted with my hen house, and I know you'll be delighted with yours!

Yours is an example of doing everything right: well thought out in advance, an indoor storage of feed and supplies, a dual purpose structure, lots of light (so important to egg laying productivity), and of ample size. When you are all done, post the final pics on another byc homepage and submit it to the moderator so that it can be put in with the pics of the other Large Coops! Others need to see your coop.​

Last edited:
We're making progress. The roof is on. Doors, windows and exterior have the first coat of paint. We're hoping to finish framing the windows and doors this week and get them installed this coming weekend. Then it will just be finishing touches and the run left to do.

Wow, that coop is really well-planned. I love the size and the design (you'll have room for quite a few chickens in there!).

What are your plans for predator-proofing such a large garden run? Interested in your thoughts since that was a question another poster raised in the original thread you referenced...

Back
Top Bottom