1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
  2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Wow!
    You guys are very elaborate.

We're trying to convert an old wooden swingset into a coop, and discovered that we're not as young as we used to be. I've been exercising but obviously not enough. I've discovered a whole new set of muscles that ache!!

3. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Wow, plans. That would have been a good idea before we started building! Oh well, too late now.

Looks very nice by the way!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beautiful, Christine! Nice home for the chickies you're hatching. [​IMG]

5. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

What a wonderful chicken house, Christine. I'm so impressed! [​IMG] Obviously those sore muscles/back/shoulders/hands are well worth the aches. This coop looks like it can withstand anything Mother Nature will throw at it.
    Thanks for all the pics! I'm so envious when I see beautifully done buildings going up. And so easily done, too.... [​IMG]

Carla

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Really nice job! It's helpful to see the in-process pics too.

When can I move in?? All I need is a cable TV/Internet connection and some air/heat and I'm good to go as long as you'll let me come in side and use the shower once in a while...

7. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Well now I wouldn't call it easy! [​IMG] We made our share of mistakes. We like to think of it as a learning experience. [​IMG] My husband hit his fingers with the hammer so many times I'm a little worried he'll even be able to type at work today. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  8. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Just trying to give your grandbabies a worthy abode. [​IMG]

9. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

I was kidding on the easy part, Christine. [​IMG] Obviously you've put a lot of hard physical work into this. And it really is paying off. It's one thing to work strenuously for a day; the hard part is picking it up again a day or two later when the muscles are screaming NO! NO! NO!
    I hope dh's fingers are feeling better.

Carla

10. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, we thought about getting out there again today but figured three days in a row would kill us. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by