Weekend Warriors

FrontPorchIndiana

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Indiana
We discovered this weekend that our desk jobs do not qualify us to be chicken coop contractors. Boy are we tired and sore!
barnie.gif

We're working on the garden/coop combo design DENALI posted about a while back https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36432&p=1 . We're no where near finished but well on our way and just wanted to share what we've done so far. https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=7137

Wow!
You guys are very elaborate.

We're trying to convert an old wooden swingset into a coop, and discovered that we're not as young as we used to be. I've been exercising but obviously not enough. I've discovered a whole new set of muscles that ache!!

Wow, plans. That would have been a good idea before we started building! Oh well, too late now.

Looks very nice by the way!

What a wonderful chicken house, Christine. I'm so impressed!
smile.png
Obviously those sore muscles/back/shoulders/hands are well worth the aches. This coop looks like it can withstand anything Mother Nature will throw at it.
Thanks for all the pics! I'm so envious when I see beautifully done buildings going up. And so easily done, too....
big_smile.png

Carla

Really nice job! It's helpful to see the in-process pics too.

When can I move in?? All I need is a cable TV/Internet connection and some air/heat and I'm good to go as long as you'll let me come in side and use the shower once in a while...

Quote:
Well now I wouldn't call it easy!
lol.png
We made our share of mistakes. We like to think of it as a learning experience.
lol.png
My husband hit his fingers with the hammer so many times I'm a little worried he'll even be able to type at work today.
caf.gif

Last edited:
I was kidding on the easy part, Christine.
smile.png
Obviously you've put a lot of hard physical work into this. And it really is paying off. It's one thing to work strenuously for a day; the hard part is picking it up again a day or two later when the muscles are screaming NO! NO! NO!
I hope dh's fingers are feeling better.

Carla

Back
Top Bottom