1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Weird behavior

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MadiLarson, Aug 13, 2013.

1. MadiLarson

MadiLarson Chirping

Jun 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Phil is acting really lethargic as of late, she was inside and I figured she was cold. Well I brought her outside so she could warm up. She's been out a while and is still acting weird. I also noticed her breast is swollen and there's a slight divot, I'll post a picture. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. ducksssss

ducksssss In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2013
    Hm bring her to a vet is all I could tell you many diseases cause ducks to become lethargic the swollen breast I'm not sure could b an impacted crop bring her to a vet and c if you can get an x-ray of the area

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member 8 Years

Any news on Phil?

4. MadiLarson

MadiLarson Chirping

Jun 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Well her breast isn't swollen anymore. And she's acting more normal. I think she might've been cold/thirsty.

5. MadiLarson

MadiLarson Chirping

Jun 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I'll update everyone tomorrow!

6. Miss Lydia

When you say breast could you have just seen that her crop was full that can look kind of distorted when they have eaten a lot. Always make sure Phil has water when she eats.

Glad to hear she is fine now. How could she have been cold?

7. MadiLarson

MadiLarson Chirping

Jun 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    She was inside for a while and it's chilly in my house. I let her outside, she got back to swimming and she's fine now. Back to normal!

8. Miss Lydia

Well I am happy to hear she is fine now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: