Weird bumblefoot?

JellyKid

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2021
I think my duck has bumblefoot but I have tried soaking and taking off the scab but no pus or core came out. It just looks like foot meat in there. Could it be something else? She does not limp or seem to care that they are there. What do I do?

Attachments

• 20220823_120516.jpg
    20220823_120516.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 19
That's definitely bumblefoot, and it looks advanced due to the size of the swelling and scab. I have had the same experience when cutting into bumblefoot, with no noticeable core or kernel popping out. I would still treat according to everything you read here on BYC, soaking, pulling the scab, packing with triple antibiotic oiintment (not the relieving type) then covering with gauze and vet wrap and keeping dry until another scab forms.

That's definitely bumblefoot, and it looks advanced due to the size of the swelling and scab. I have had the same experience when cutting into bumblefoot, with no noticeable core or kernel popping out. I would still treat according to everything you read here on BYC, soaking, pulling the scab, packing with triple antibiotic oiintment (not the relieving type) then covering with gauze and vet wrap and keeping dry until another scab forms.
Should I keep trying to get stuff out or just take the scab off and keep soaking, antibiotic, and wrapping?

Back
Top Bottom