Weird bump next to the beak.

The bump grew massively in a short period and if you look closely between 20201026_165636.jpg the gaps, you can see some dry blood among the cracks.

The bump grew massively in a short period and if you look closely betweenView attachment 2387766 the gaps, you can see some dry blood among the cracks.

It may grow a considerable size before it goes away, there are a couple of viruses another then avian pox that can cause such lesions such as the Papillomatosis virus. I would keep on applying an ointment, or povidone-iodine to the area. If it continues to grow, it may be best to contact a veterinarian in your area, or if you have a poultry diagnostic laboratory nearby to take skin scrapings, or aspiration fluid samples of the wart to determine the nature of it.

It may grow a considerable size before it goes away, there are a couple of viruses another then avian pox that can cause such lesions such as the Papillomatosis virus. I would keep on applying an ointment, or povidone-iodine to the area. If it continues to grow, it may be best to contact a veterinarian in your area, or if you have a poultry diagnostic laboratory nearby to take skin scrapings, or aspiration fluid samples of the wart to determine the nature of it.
Should I apply the same ointment in the picture (purple one) ?
I feel as if its getting harder so maybe it will fall off soon? Because the size grew immensely huge in just a span of few days.

Should I apply the same ointment in the picture (purple one) ?
I feel as if its getting harder so maybe it will fall off soon? Because the size grew immensely huge in just a span of few days.
Yes, apply it to the entire thing.
Your goal is to help dry it up and prevent bacteria from entering.
Your pullet will be fine.
Keep up the good work of noticing things that are different on your girls.
Catching differences quickly is the key.

No, don't think so. I think its a wart causing virus like Issac O stated esp.
When you look at the picture closely. Plus its a singular spot. But, either way, the iodine application is the treatment of choice.
20201030_165419.jpg
I took this pic day before yesterday as the pox seemed to have changed its color to grey.
20201101_142601.jpg
I took this pic just a moment ago as I noticed yesterday night that her pox had fallen off.
The area looks a bit black/reddish.
Is it normal for the area to look irritated after it fell off?

View attachment 2395050
I took this pic day before yesterday as the pox seemed to have changed its color to grey.
View attachment 2395051
I took this pic just a moment ago as I noticed yesterday night that her pox had fallen off.
The area looks a bit black/reddish.
Is it normal for the area to look irritated after it fell off?

That looks a whole lot better.

Completely normal for the area to look a little red/swollen after it fell off. After a week or so, the swelling should subside a bit.

Back
Top Bottom