Weird Chicken Death?!?!

No, there inside a fence, big yard. We had them in a coop when they were younger. We haven't had any attacks on them since we put up the privacy fence. Would a raccoon leave that much saliva, where it would run down the neck? I know whatever had it, was startled when we went back there. Also, bobcats in my area are not common, that I know of....

Last edited:
I think a coon would have killed it. If they are not inside locked up something will eventually eat them at night..it is heartbreaking when it happens. A coon and many other critters can easily scale a fence.

Quote:
I once had a bobcat stealing chickens without a sign. I finally saw him. I scared him off with some "rat pellet" in a .22, didn't harm him, but scared him so that he never took another chicken.

I've seen bobcats in your area, at least I've seen them in areas around SA. I've seen lots of bobcats around Lawton, where I lived for 7 years. They even have mountain lion in the Wichita Mountains!

Git yer trap out there and bait it with the carcass. If it`s a bobcat, the carcass is the best bait. If it`s an owl, who knows? Can an owl git in to the roost area? You do have a trap and a gun, doncha? Everyone who keeps chickens needs a trap and a gun. Whatever it is will be back.......Pop

It's been almost a week, and no more attacks, which is good, but crazy attack. We had this happen before, about 3 months ago. It was the same, but the birds beak was still intake. We will keep a look out, but this predator has evaded us. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom