Weird chicken eye

Jdchickenhouse

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2022
One of my girls lost feathers around her eye. I thought molting but it has been a few days and no other lost feathers. We had crazy hot weather with forest fire smokey air, but now the air has cleared out. Still no sign of prettier eyes. I’m worried that it is more than allergies and bad air. If anything, it seems to be worse as time goes on. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 937C5D2F-348A-4DBE-9204-394D3C97D2FB.png
    937C5D2F-348A-4DBE-9204-394D3C97D2FB.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
One of my girls lost feathers around her eye. I thought molting but it has been a few days and no other lost feathers. We had crazy hot weather with forest fire smokey air, but now the air has cleared out. Still no sign of prettier eyes. I’m worried that it is more than allergies and bad air. If anything, it seems to be worse as time goes on. Any ideas?
Welcome to BYC!! Try posting this in the emergencies/diseases/cures forum!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
The picture isn't the highest resolution but could it be a skin infection like favus? You might wand to try carefully rubbing some athlete's foot cream on the skin making sure to keep it out of her eye.
And, yes, check for any signs of respiratory distress including discharge from her nares, bubbles in her eyes, coughing, wheezing or raspy breathing.

Back
Top Bottom