Weird droppings

Isaac 0

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
Unless I just recently fed the flock any red-colored treats, If I saw that kind of poop around here, I'd probably treat for Coccidiosis, especially if there were birds showing clinical symptoms such as lethargy.

I took a quick look at your most recent thread where a bird produced red-ish colored dropping's, and it was suggested you either start the bird on a sulfa-drug, Corid, or whatever medication are being used in Asia for coccidiosis. If you haven't, I would take their advice.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...k-old-chick-suddenly-lethargic.1423869/page-2

This right here is going to do little to nothing to treat for Coccidiosis.

"'i also suspected her and another pullet for having Coccidiosis so i gave them regularly magic water (apple cider vinegar, sugar and crushed garlic and ginger)'"

fatimastic

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2020
Southeast Asia
Unless I just recently fed the flock any red-colored treats, If I saw that kind of poop around here, I'd probably treat for Coccidiosis, especially if there were birds showing clinical symptoms such as lethargy.

I took a quick look at your most recent thread where a bird produced red-ish colored dropping's, and it was suggested you either start the bird on a sulfa-drug, Corid, or whatever medication are being used in Asia for coccidiosis. If you haven't, I would take their advice.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...k-old-chick-suddenly-lethargic.1423869/page-2
We don't have a specific medic shop for poultry so finding those medicines would be hard.
Should I take them to a vet?

Isaac 0

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
We don't have a specific medic shop for poultry so finding those medicines would be hard.
Should I take them to a vet?
If your vet is experienced dealing with poultry, and birds, I think that would be a good idea. They would know of some of the drugs being used for Coccidiosis there.

fatimastic

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2020
Southeast Asia
If your vet is experienced dealing with poultry, and birds, I think that would be a good idea. They would know of some of the drugs being used for Coccidiosis there.
I took my rooster to that vet before because he had Coryza. The swelling of his eye was reduced (not completely gone) but he still wheezes a lot.
He specializes in dogs and cats but I'll take them to him anyway.
He gave us the number of a specialized vet in poultry but his clinic is out of our reach.

Top Bottom