Weird Duck Behavior!

Not that I know of. And now that I think of it, i think his butt was just very close to the ground and not dragging. If it helps anyone to tell if he is a boy or a girl he is 17 and a half weeks old and has not layed any eggs yet. But then again it is winter here and i heard that some breeds dont lay eggs in the winter

I am just very confused with all the signs i have been getting from this duck. He was not running though he was crawling very slowly. Any kind of feed back would be greatly appreciated as to if you think he is a boy or a girl. I need to know so i can cancel that order or leave it. Thanks:)

If the same age as your other ducks and doesn't have a drake feather I'd think duck, now could he have had his feather pulled out or molted out? I haven't seen any of my ducks act like you have described, usually it's in the pool when my ducks flatten out, on the ground if they are flat it's because a drake is either mating with them or standing on one. I'm not sure on the white feathers on Cayuga ducks since I don't own that breed. But I'm thinking you still need some ducks if you have drakes, how many of each do you have besides this one your not sure of? there should be minimum 2 ducks to 1 drake but ideal would be at least 3 to each drake.

I have all drakes. 3 of them not including this one. They are my first ducks and I ordered them all straight run. Just turned out they were all boys. Well i thought this one was a boy so i ordered two male ducklings and i want to cancel this order and get more females if it turns out this one is a female. The only thing that is making me think this duck is a drake is his voice. Everything else clues its a girl. If someone can tell me what their female cayugas sound like it would help alot

Eggbound duck??? Maybe it is a duck about to lay eggs with a calcium deficiency that had a partially formed egg trapped in her. I have sometimes seen female ducks squeezing, with their tail end dipping towards the ground. Maybe put some oyster shell sprinkled in food or let it take some warm baths just in case.

Oh and they have not gone through a molt yet or have been fighting

Does the duck look like it is trying to go number two? If so, I would expect an egg issue & would mix some oyster shell in their food for a few days & consider a warm bath. They hate being alone, so bring a friend inside with it to play in the tub if you do.

I have not noticed my duck trying to go number two but maybe its because i never thought to look. I will make sure to pay attention to it tomorrow. Also he keeps fanning out his tail feathers and shifting his wings. Does this mean anything? He is the only one of my ducks that do this.

Back
Top Bottom