Weird Duck Behavior!

I found this thread maybe it will help some https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/656169/questions-about-cayuga-ducks

The only thing throwing me off is you say this duck doesn't quack loud? and most ducks do unless Muscovy and actually they can quack loud it just doesn't last long. Can you do a video or post some pics, a video of quacking and pics of your duck in question. and were are all the cayuga owners? lol

Last edited:
The quack is the thing that is throwing me off too. Everything else hints its a girl. This is so frustrating lol

Try to see tomorrow if the duck seems to be squeezing & pushing down its fluffy rear. If so, I'd suspect it is a duck.

It doesn't have any prolapsed parts sticking out of its rear, does it?

Last edited:
No it does not. I have noticed that he fans out his tail feathers a lot but i dont know if this is important or not

Honestly, I have no idea. Oil gland issue? Are his feathers clean and in good condition?

Here are some pictures of his tail feathers. Do they look like the beginings of a drake feather? Also i noticed this morning he kept lifting up his tail and rear.

Is a drake trying to get ontop of another drake a dominance thing?

Back
Top Bottom