Weird egg and now lethargic

DianeB

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 12, 2009
My one and half year old chicken laid an egg in the middle of the night two nights ago and too giant wet poops with egg white type goo. She has been really perky up until today. Her abdomen feels normal and crop okay. Actually, she visually looks fine just lethargic. Any thoughts? Possible infection?

My one and half year old chicken laid an egg in the middle of the night two nights ago and too giant wet poops with egg white type goo. She has been really perky up until today. Her abdomen feels normal and crop okay. Actually, she visually looks fine just lethargic. Any thoughts? Possible infection?

Oh dear.. can you google lash egg and see if that looks like what it was?

It was an egg with a shell on the softer side. I've had hens do things like that before and were fine. I gave her antibiotics just now for a possible infection.

She moves around and "talks" but is obviously very tired. Its hard for me to fathom a young hen having problems. The seem to have issues after year 3 for me.

I'm really hoping the antibiotic perks her up. It maybe a lash egg. How fast do they develop? She was laying almost everyday perfect eggs up until yesterday.

Someone picked up last week, unintentional, while she was laying an egg. The whole egg came out, though. No broken shells. Could that be it?

Back
Top Bottom