Weird egg issue

It is a fence, but they are itty bitty! the get through the holes easily. and he firtailizes my yard, so it gets in the cicken coop.

You might need to rethink your lawn management (the chickens will fertilize it for you if they're roaming out there ;) ), use a solid fence that keeps particles out (even a temporary barrier put out only when spreading fertilizer), and/or heavily water immediately after fertilization so that the pellets dissolve completely before allowing chickens into that area.

You might need to rethink your lawn management (the chickens will fertilize it for you if they're roaming out there ;) ), use a solid fence that keeps particles out (even a temporary barrier put out only when spreading fertilizer), and/or heavily water immediately after fertilization so that the pellets dissolve completely before allowing chickens into that area.
They don't run around so much, because we have cats and a dog that it's owners are not resposible for, so it poops in our yard, chases my sweet kitty, and threatens my chickens, so I have to babysit them when they free-range. and for every time that they fertalize our yard, the pull up another patch of it, so we need that fertalizer...

It's happened before, every time he spreads fertilizer, but even though all my hens eat it, only one girlie lays mutated eggs
How often?
If only one birds lays funky eggs, then it might just be a coincidence,
or only that bird is eating the pellets..

He does our yardwork, so he has a little distributer, shooting white solid nitrogen pellets around our yard, and accidentaly in the coop.
Why?
Is he your landlord?
I would tell him to stop spreading fertilizer in your yard.

Back
Top Bottom