weird eggs, molting or sick???

hugs.gif

Hang in there. You're doing all you can - research, asking lots of questions, willing to try what is needed. You can only do what you can do.....hoping this issue is resolved soon - I can tell it's really wearing on you!

Thanks for the hug Wynette
smile.png

Yay 3 eggs today!!!!! The broody is broken and I am a happy woman!! Just for the records all I did was separate her from the others by leaving her in the outside-outside run. At night I would let her back through the little gate to get inside the other run to mingle with the others and then go to sleep. I made sure that nest boxes were closed up so she wouldn't go to sleep in there. It took a week or so for her to stop fluffing her feathers at me. That's when we let her be with the others again. There weren't any eggs for about four days. Today - Success.

As for Lorelei, she is on Tums, thanks to Orpington Castle's suggestion. I'll update tomorrow if we got an egg from her.

Good job on the broody busting!

On the Tums - there's some reason you don't want to give TOO much of that, but I can't for the life of me remember. Let me see if I can find something. Just would hate to see you cause another issue while trying to fix the original one.

500592- that could encourage them to eat their own eggs.... she has them on crushed oyster shells.

wow wynette-- you're such a help to this problem. i just wanna say that you've had an answer to every question. wow!

and cony (one or two Ns?)- i love your new avatar!!

Gaga - I feel so badly for newhenstein - this is a troubling issue, and the more feedback she gets, the better! Sometimes it's hard to know exactly what to do, so you just make the decision that seems right at the time. And, when I do this, the more suggestions I get, the better I feel about my final decision. I just wish I could know for sure what's going on so I could be more helpful!

Quote:
Hey, that is almost eggsactly my phone number! Missing a 9 though!!

Thanks for the tip. I actually have been giving them their own shells. It has been recommended a lot here so I feel I am doing the right thing. Let's see how it turns out. It is like a thriller to go out and open the coop every day!

Thanks Nicholas, Skyler my 4 year old is checking for eggs for me and I just happened to have my camera on me.... So cute.

C

Quote:
Yes, me too! Everyone on here is begenning to call me gaga... I don't mind but just by the way, I'm Nicholas.
smile.png

this is so odd.. I've never heard anything like it. It's all just so confusing. but i'm also confused about... cony-- which hen was broody? it wasn't the same one as the australorp, right?

Back
Top Bottom