Weird food cravings..

DH likes hot dogs with peanut butter.

I know some people like to eat onions raw, like apples. Walla Walla and Maui Sweet Onions are good candidates for that.

like Steven King's book, It, talks about a boy who liked eating onion and peanut butter sandwich, something like that, i need to get back to y'all on that... his mother thought it was gross but the boy didn't care.

Steven King, It. Novel. pg. 589. "He knew that Koontz would be watching the late movies on Channel 38, drinking Texas Driver and eating his lunch. Koontz favored sandwiches made out of chunky peanut-butter and Bermuda onions. When Henry heard this he had shuddered and thought: All they say all the crazy people are locked up." middle of page, end half of a paragraph.

Last edited:
"Am I weird for liking sliced raw onion with barbecue sauce?"

Yes :)

thumbsup.gif

Don't knock it, till you try it...

and people would eat anything if they were starving... they would even eat bugs.. now which of these two things would you pick? besides, it's good to make people laugh and enjoy themselves... it's a sin on your part what you do with it.. ;) I've been currently working on getting people to laugh anyways for some time now... come on...

My uncle made us kids eat a raw onion whenever we were starting to come down with a cold, or he thought we were. I don't know if it worked or not. I just remember we thought the cure was worse than the disease. My FIL loved raw onion sandwiches as a midnight snack. Drove my MIL nuts. She said if she wanted to sleep with an onion she would have brought one from the kitchen to bed with her.

My cousin used to make sandwiches of crisco(the white shortning) with sugar on bread.  Yuck.    A friend Pamela loved banana sandwiches. 
You've probably been eating Crisco sandwiches all of your life without even thinking about it because that is pretty much all that a cake with what passes for "buttercream icing" really is.

I love a peanut butter and banana sandwich. My grandfather turned me onto butter and sugar sandwiches decades ago. All white bread back in those days. Now it's whole-wheat.

Back
Top Bottom