When can geese be fed scrap vegetables?

MMelton67

Chirping
Jul 24, 2023
Southern Indiana
I have 4 Pilgrim Geese that are exactly 10 weeks old. When can I start feeding them scrap vegetables like cabbage leaves, sweet pepper scraps, carrot tops, collard stems, broccoli stalks, onion/garlic/shallot scraps, and brussell sprout scraps are all regularly composted here.
All uncooked, just scraps from food prep.
What about corn husks?
Is there any vegetable they should not be given?

They are on grass 6-8 hours a day and still on 22% feed supplemented with nutritional yeast.

TIA!

I have 4 Pilgrim Geese that are exactly 10 weeks old. When can I start feeding them scrap vegetables like cabbage leaves, sweet pepper scraps, carrot tops, collard stems, broccoli stalks, onion/garlic/shallot scraps, and brussell sprout scraps are all regularly composted here.
All uncooked, just scraps from food prep.
What about corn husks?
Is there any vegetable they should not be given?

They are on grass 6-8 hours a day and still on 22% feed supplemented with nutritional yeast.

TIA!
I think @ColtHandorf keeps geese (sorry to tag you).
While I have kept geese and do still look after some on and off they all had parents that sorted out what to and what not to eat.

I feed my goslings fresh veggies around day 2. Agree with Colt to be careful about offering toxic veggies. Also note that if your geese are on grass, they will be picky about the types of veggies they will eat. I find my chickens eat a much larger variety of food scraps.

Back
Top Bottom