Weird lump in Egg

Pupewuv

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2018
Couple of my pullets started to lay and it was perfect until today I cracked open an egg and there was a perfect yolk, perfect whites and a light yellow long mushy glob (almost like scrambled egg consistency/color) .. so I played with it and it was just this yellowing chunky mush ... it's not a double yolk that popped...I put it on my counter and messed with it to see if it was worms or fibers? Also the yolk in this egg is super thick like jelly...
Please help, I've searched the internet with no answers:(
20180922_092220.jpg

byc-hatch-rooster.gif

Yes, it happens...
Completely organic "backyard" fresh eggs are totally different from the grocery store. Factories inspect and candle those eggs and discard the ones with defects so no one ever sees odd shells, double yolks, meat spots and other strange abnormalities... which are actually pretty normal. Occasionally, you will get a surprise!

Looks like the birds are eating very well, as dark orange as the yolk is. Do they free range and forage or do they only eat what you give them? I've heard reports that when the yolks are that dark, nearly red, from eating flowers or peppers, sometimes it can make the whites turn yellowish. I've had near red yolks at times but have never personally seen the whites turn yellow.
Google "red yolks" to see some really cool egg pics.

Back
Top Bottom