Weird lump on cat spay incision

This is what it looks like today, the spay clinic said that it looks a little irritated, a d to keep her from rubbing it. It looks red, but they said that's from irritation. The lump only appears when she is sitting or standing, otherwise it is flat to her stomach.

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 20211013_002925.jpg
    20211013_002925.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 24
This is what it looks like today, the spay clinic said that it looks a little irritated, a d to keep her from rubbing it. It looks red, but they said that's from irritation. The lump only appears when she is sitting or standing, otherwise it is flat to her stomach.
You can always try something from the links I posted, hopefully she is healed up soon!

My kitten had the same thing - she was spayed at about 9 months due to a heart issue that made surgery more complicated, but she got a lump afterwards too. Took her to the vet, and they said it was a little swollen but fine and to keep her quiet and keep an eye on it. In hindsight, when I’ve had dogs neutered, they tell me to keep them quiet. One got out of his convalescent room and ran around for a bit. His (empty) testes swelled up bigger than pre-neuter and he had to sit in a cage for a week.

I wonder if it’s not the same thing - too much kitty movement too soon.

Good luck to your kitty!

My kitten had the same thing - she was spayed at about 9 months due to a heart issue that made surgery more complicated, but she got a lump afterwards too. Took her to the vet, and they said it was a little swollen but fine and to keep her quiet and keep an eye on it. In hindsight, when I’ve had dogs neutered, they tell me to keep them quiet. One got out of his convalescent room and ran around for a bit. His (empty) testes swelled up bigger than pre-neuter and he had to sit in a cage for a week.

I wonder if it’s not the same thing - too much kitty movement too soon.

Good luck to your kitty!
She did freak out for a bit when we put a cone on her, she was throwing herself around but unfortunately I dont have any alternative for protecting her incision yet. I am planning to order something with the links Weeg gave me

She did freak out for a bit when we put a cone on her, she was throwing herself around but unfortunately I dont have any alternative for protecting her incision yet. I am planning to order something with the links Weeg gave me
I bought a little cat outfit off of Amazon. She was frozen at first - like “what are you doing to me” but forgot about it pretty quickly!

Attachments

• A0F97795-415E-4EB0-890B-0D094457A687.jpeg
    A0F97795-415E-4EB0-890B-0D094457A687.jpeg
    604.3 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom