weird neurological symptom????

So the food is fresh then, my last 2 bags were both from the middle of oct. I also wanted to add she was vaccinated for Mareks although I don’t know how effective it is. I have a younger generation that ranges from 12 weeks to 22 weeks that we’re not vaccinated so I would think they would have caught it if she did have it and none of them have had any signs or symptoms of illness. Correct me if I’m wrong because Mareks is not something I know much about. I also wanted to add they were just wormed 2 weeks ago with Wazine can that cause anything weird? I gave her Tuna with 2 drops of poly vi sol without iron this afternoon then a vit e pill this evening after I made it to a store. I also got b complex and Selenium that I’ll give with the e tomorrow.

I have a 16 month old EE named peach that Is dropping her head down with her neck outstretched in front of her while running backwards. She typically keeps going until she crashes into something. She is currently molting for the first time and hasn’t laid an egg in a little over month. Her comb and wattles are also pale. She did that weird backwards thing for a few weeks when she first hit laying age. She went about a year without it happening, but now did it numerous times yesterday. She fell off the roost this morning because it happened but as soon as she started falling she snapped out of it. She is also our favorite chicken. She’s is so friendly and lovable I would hate if something happened to her.

Hi ,
Head tucked down and running back is a typical multi-vitamins deficiency especially with vitamin E

You should boost up her vitamin E feed some boiled Almonds & diet rich in fatty acids also start her vitamin give about 0.3 ml daily for week for instant improvements do not dissolve in water

Thanks so much for the advice everyone. Peaches is doing so much better already. She hasnt done the stiff dropped neck back up thing in a few days. The vitamins seemed to help over night. She also is getting her color back.

Thank you for the update, so glad to hear she's doing better. I would continue to provide the vitamins for another week or two, to make sure the deficiency is truly reversed. Hopefully it will be a one time thing for her.

Back
Top Bottom