WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
Quail eggs are super tasty <3 I love mine, but they have not started up for spring yet, I estimate another month at least with our current weather

This was an egg we got a few years ago. (We blew the insides out.) It has these weird bumps, and lines all over it. I love having chickens.
big_smile.png

I have had odd eggs from time to time. Not all birds are the same. I have had a bird lay a odd egg consistently. She gets everything all of the other birds get but she still lays an odd egg. T'is a mystery, but somewhere in her reproduction she has a glitch.

So this hen has been laying a brown egg with white\light cream/lavender splotches. In some of the pictures I put Welsummer eggs next to them for comparison. I was wondering if anyone had any idea the generic coding or just simply how. I've never heard of a hen laying an egg with whitish pigment on it.

So this hen has been laying a brown egg with white\light cream/lavender splotches. In some of the pictures I put Welsummer eggs next to them for comparison. I was wondering if anyone had any idea the generic coding or just simply how. I've never heard of a hen laying an egg with whitish pigment on it.
it's usually caused by excess bloom. Some of my girls have more than others and it gets splochy when the bedding syllabus some of it. Does it come off when you wash the egg?

Back
Top Bottom